Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Contradicting Mirror (4/30)

Contradicting Mirror



I'm closed off
Yet I'm
Open
Hate vulnerability
Yet I'm
An emotional wreck
A perfectionist by design
But I've been
Bred thru a world of imperfect falsehoods

I feel a lot
Til my
Heart bleeds but
I refuse to hurt again
Love
Again

I see what's what
Yet I'm
Blind and blocked and
Find myself spending time filling the empty spaces with
Hope and love

Or is it that I have hope for love?
Imperfections are more than
Average
Perfections are only slightly less than
The mean

Or do I mean
That I just hope
That my love can
Fill the time and space
And gaps of
Emptiness and depression
With an overall feeling of
Contented happiness?

I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this.

    You bout got off right in here:

    "Imperfections are more than
    Average
    Perfections are only slightly less than
    The mean

    Or do I mean
    That I just hope
    That my love can
    Fill the time and space
    And gaps of
    Emptiness and depression"

    I feel you...belee dat! lol

    Keep 'em coming Mal.

    ReplyDelete