Monday, April 5, 2010

Undercover Over-Lover 5/30

You can't tell
And sometimes neither can I
I stay in disguise
Can hardly tell between truth and lie

I'm undercover
A cop
A blue-collar
A pig

But for all intents and purposes
What lies beneath the surface
Of me
And my thoughts
Is him
And my emotions

You see I'm undercover
But I'm not a real cop
No
I'm an undercover overlover

Wait.
Allow me to explain
You see I love passionately
Tenderly
Sexually
Lustfully
Cautiously
Intellectually
Emotionally
Spiritually
And unfortunately.....
Sorta redundantly

I'm a china dish
Delicate and dainty
And also
Breakable and expensive

So I go undercover
Disguise myself
Make myself plastic
Unbreakable
With a tupperware feel
Cheap, even

Can't get hurt so easily
Won't break
The shards of glass that makes up my natural exterior
Are underwraps
Bubblewrapped
Unseen

But its all a lie
I'm an undercover over-lover

I love so hard I hurt myself
Eventually break myself
And as a result
Lose a part of myself

Cuz China's only so strong
Even if put in a tupperware costume
There comes a time where the faux exterior falls

1 comment:

  1. wooooooooow! absolutely L0V3 this!!!
    -Jels (p.s. don't mind the name "Angie F." lol

    ReplyDelete